Written by locals, Fodor’s travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for more than 80 years.
Fodor’s Essential Italy is the indispensable take-along companion to one of Europe’s most enduringly popular destinations. With inviting full-color photos, this updated edition highlights everything that visitors adore–from Italy’s great food and wine to art and architecture, as well as glorious Tuscan hill towns, shopping, and much more.
This travel guide includes:
- Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout Rome map with essential information
- Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor’s Choice designating our top picks
- Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
- In-depth breakout features on the Sistine Chapel Ceiling, Naples-style Pizza, Tuscan Wine, the Cinque Terre, the Duomo, and Venice’s Grand Canal
- Coverage of Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Lake Como, Tuscany, Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Sicily, Emilia-Romagna, the Veneto, and more.
Planning to focus on just some Italy destinations? Check out Fodor’s travel guides to Rome; Venice; Florence & Tuscany; and The Amalfi Coast, Capri & Naples.
Enter the characters you see below
Sorry, we just need to make sure you’re not a robot. For best results, please make sure your browser is accepting cookies.